Fortunately, there are more trans resources available everyday. Here is a veryincomplete list to get you started!
Jewish Organizations & Websites Actively Supporting Transgender Inclusion:
- Bay Area Jewish Healing Center provides Jewish spiritual care for people coping with illness, loss and dying regardless of affiliation or ability to pay.
- Torah queeries: queer takes on weekly Torah portions and Jewish holidays.
- Keshet: a grassroots organization dedicated to creating a fully inclusive Jewish community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) Jews in Greater Boston and across the country.
- Ritualwell: a source for thousands of innovative, contemporary Jewish rituals.
- For quick, smart and basic definitions, see Erin Houdini's Really Awesome Trans Glossary.
- TransFaith Online: A great resource started by Christian trans folks that includes a big Jewish resource section. The site also has great Trans 101 basic info and and lots of other useful features.
- Jewish Milestones Education and Referral Service: A community resource for San Francisco Bay Area Jews preparing for lifecycle rituals. They offer consultations and referrals, as well as professional development opportunities for ritual facilitators. Contact Kevah for more information.
Families and Youth
: Summer camp for transgender and gender-nonconforming youth!
: An organization that provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens.
KIDS OF TRANS
: A group for people with one or more transgendered parents. A This is a project of COLAGE, that offers resource guides, an email list, and advice for parents undergoing a gender transition.
Trans Youth and Family Allies:
TYFA empowers children and families by partnering with educators, service providers and communities, to develop supportive environments in which gender may be expressed and respected.
Bodies Like Ours:
Support and information for people born with atypical genitalia.